This was held on Tuesday, 7 March in the Len Simpson Room of the Public Hall. The Officers, Trustees and Committee were re-elected en-bloc. A review of the previous year showed that more and more people are growing their own fruit and vegetables, a reflection of rising shop prices and the desire to be more self-sufficient.
It was also noted, with sadness, that three former officers and helpers at the Trading Post had died over the last twelve months: Andy McQueen, Bob Proctor and Ken Stafford. All will be missed and our condolences to their families.
Coach Trip to Ness Botanic Gardens
This year’s coach trip will be to Ness Botanic Gardens on Sunday 25 June, and will cost £18 per person. We will leave Pontesbury at 9am, with a stop along the way, and plan to be in the gardens until about 4 pm.
Ness Botanic Gardens are situated near the English and Welsh border in The Wirral, near Chester and occupy a site of 64 acres overlooking the Dee estuary. The gardens have evolved since Arthur Kilpin Bulley, a wealthy cotton trader from Liverpool, began to create them in 1898. In 1948, his daughter, Lois, gave the gardens to the University of Liverpool as a condition of which the gardens must remain open to the public. They are on the National Register of Historic Parks and Gardens and have many specimen trees and flowers.
Bookings can be made at the Trading Post on Saturday mornings; payment with booking, please. The Trading Post, in the Old Station Buildings, on Station Road, is open every Saturday morning from 9.30 to 12 noon.
If anyone would like to help in any way: on Saturday mornings, at Spring into the Garden or at the Show, then just talk to any of the regular helpers on a Saturday morning.
Spring into the Garden
Our social evening will be on Thursday 18 May in the Public Hall, opening at 7.30. Admission is free, as are the refreshments, so all you have to pay for is anything that you buy from the plant stalls and garden-related stalls that will be there. More information will be in the next Newsletter.
Search the site
- Help with Lights at Panto
- Winter Wander
- Foodbank Collection Pontesbury Congregational Church
- Set up a Neighbourhood Watch group?
- Festive Friends 2017
- Parish Council meeting report: November 2017
- Village Quire – ‘Back to the Garden’
- U3A update
- UK Last Posting Dates for Christmas
- FoPL News: Date For Your Diary
- Good Luck to our ‘Atlantic Ladies’
- Baptist Church, Chapel Street
- Pontesbury WI: December 2017
- Taizé Style Worship at St George’s Church
- Stiperstones & Corndon Hill Country Landscape Partnership Scheme Final Evaluation
- West Shropshire Flower Club: December 2017
- Pontesbury Sports Association “200 Club”: November 2017 draw
- Notes from the Stiperstones: December 2017
- News from the Library: December ’17
Council Minutes Archive
Planning Committee Archive