The March meeting was very well attended when Martyn Cribb gave us a fascinating slideshow and talk on trekking through Burma. Martyn and June trekked in 2015, with Burmese guides, through stunning country and jungle. Although basic conditions and sometimes arduous going, the hospitable friendly Burmese people made their journey an unforgettable experience.
Next month, the author Mary Johns will entertain us with stories from her colourful life in Greece.
At the beginning of March members thoroughly enjoyed a very uplifting ‘Night at the Proms’concert at Theatre Severn with the Shrewsbury Light Orchestra. Later in March, an art workshop was arranged at John Parkinsons studio. John gave us a wonderful demonstration of his artwork at WI last year and six of our members were inspired to attend this class.
WI meetings are held on the second Monday of the month at Pontesbury Public Hall at 2pm. New members and guests are always welcome. If you would like to come along for a friendly sociable afternoon with us please contact Sue Brookes on 01743 790610.
Search the site
- Stiperstones and Cornden Hill Country: December 2017 Newsletter
- Pontesbury Players Panto!
- 1st Rea Valley Beavers, Cubs and Scouts
- Community Library at Pontesbury
- Pontesbury Parish Council Report
- Pontesbury WI 100th Birthday
- U3A report
- Did you lose a camera?
- News from the Library: January 2018
- Pontesbury Sports Association “200 Club”: December
- West Shropshire Flower Club: Christmas Demonstration
- Pontesbury & District Forum: Programme for Spring 2018
- Lea Cross WI: 2018 Programme
- Probus Club 2018 dates
- Help with Lights at Panto
- Winter Wander
- Foodbank Collection Pontesbury Congregational Church
- Set up a Neighbourhood Watch group?
- Festive Friends 2017
Council Minutes Archive
Planning Committee Archive