The March meeting was very well attended when Martyn Cribb gave us a fascinating slideshow and talk on trekking through Burma. Martyn and June trekked in 2015, with Burmese guides, through stunning country and jungle. Although basic conditions and sometimes arduous going, the hospitable friendly Burmese people made their journey an unforgettable experience.
Next month, the author Mary Johns will entertain us with stories from her colourful life in Greece.
At the beginning of March members thoroughly enjoyed a very uplifting ‘Night at the Proms’concert at Theatre Severn with the Shrewsbury Light Orchestra. Later in March, an art workshop was arranged at John Parkinsons studio. John gave us a wonderful demonstration of his artwork at WI last year and six of our members were inspired to attend this class.
WI meetings are held on the second Monday of the month at Pontesbury Public Hall at 2pm. New members and guests are always welcome. If you would like to come along for a friendly sociable afternoon with us please contact Sue Brookes on 01743 790610.
Search the site
- No Newsletter in August
- Heartland – exploring the spirit of place
- To all residents of Pontesbury and surrounding area
- Pontesbury Parish Council: July 2017
- Volunteer needed for Newsletter
- University of the Third Age: Pontesbury and Rea Valley District
- Line Dancing
- Pontesbury Gardeners Annual Show: 2017
- Apple Day: Saturday 23 September
- Junior Pontesbury Players: New Members
- Christian Aid 2017
- Party in the Park 2017
- Pontesbury Sports Association “200 Club”: July 2017
- Pontesbury WI: June meeting
- Flower Club: July 2017
- Notes from the Stiperstones: July 2017
Council Minutes Archive
Planning Committee Archive