The March meeting was very well attended when Martyn Cribb gave us a fascinating slideshow and talk on trekking through Burma. Martyn and June trekked in 2015, with Burmese guides, through stunning country and jungle. Although basic conditions and sometimes arduous going, the hospitable friendly Burmese people made their journey an unforgettable experience.
Next month, the author Mary Johns will entertain us with stories from her colourful life in Greece.
At the beginning of March members thoroughly enjoyed a very uplifting ‘Night at the Proms’concert at Theatre Severn with the Shrewsbury Light Orchestra. Later in March, an art workshop was arranged at John Parkinsons studio. John gave us a wonderful demonstration of his artwork at WI last year and six of our members were inspired to attend this class.
WI meetings are held on the second Monday of the month at Pontesbury Public Hall at 2pm. New members and guests are always welcome. If you would like to come along for a friendly sociable afternoon with us please contact Sue Brookes on 01743 790610.
Search the site
- Stiperstones and Corndon Hill Country: Spring Newsletter
- Exciting events sponsored by Friends of Pontesbury Library
- Weekend Shuttle Buses start Easter weekend
- Steve Knightley Concert
- The Curlew Country Project 2017
- Pontesbury Parish Council Annual Parish Meeting 2017
- Minsterley & District 55th annual Eisteddford 2017 Results
- Tai Chi classes
- Pontesbury & District Gardeners Association AGM 2017
- Pontesbury Sports Association “200 Club”: March 2017
- Bishop’s Castle Round & About Walks
- Working on old buildings 2
- Pontesbury WI: March 2017
- Flower Club: April
- Spaces available! Pontesbury Primary Nursery
Council Minutes Archive
Planning Committee Archive