West Shropshire Flower Club’s March demonstration with Jane Pugh from Bishops Castle, entitled ‘Oh, what a find’ was quite a treat. Jane used lots of spring flowers, tulips, daffodils, narcissi, iris and contorted willow to create movement and placed the finished arrangement on an antique garden riddle, a find from a car boot sale. Jane even found a different use for a wine rack she had acquired from the local charity shop. Placing it flat, she created a beautiful, flowing design with elongated curving pieces of cotoneaster and eucalyptus to generate shape, and scattered throughout with red roses, carnations and hypericum berries. Fabulous.
The Club’s beginners’ workshop on the morning of the 1 April was very inspiring. Jane did an excellent overview of best practice and introduction for the first arrangement to be completed; everyone was keen to get started and created some stunning yet different designs. Trish introduced and gave another brilliant demonstration of the next task and everybody stepped up to the mark and created some wonderful interpretations. As it was an Easter workshop, lots of spring flowers, chicks, bunnies and lambs were included in the arrangements. Well done to everyone who attended.
The Club’s next meeting will be on Wednesday 24 May 2017 at Yockleton Village Hall with Diana Prichard from Bodenham with ‘Diamonds are Forever’ at 7.30 pm. Plant stall, raffle and refreshments will be available.
Search the site
- Stiperstones and Cornden Hill Country: December 2017 Newsletter
- Pontesbury Players Panto!
- 1st Rea Valley Beavers, Cubs and Scouts
- Community Library at Pontesbury
- Pontesbury Parish Council Report
- Pontesbury WI 100th Birthday
- U3A report
- Did you lose a camera?
- News from the Library: January 2018
- Pontesbury Sports Association “200 Club”: December
- West Shropshire Flower Club: Christmas Demonstration
- Pontesbury & District Forum: Programme for Spring 2018
- Lea Cross WI: 2018 Programme
- Probus Club 2018 dates
- Help with Lights at Panto
- Winter Wander
- Foodbank Collection Pontesbury Congregational Church
- Set up a Neighbourhood Watch group?
- Festive Friends 2017
Council Minutes Archive
Planning Committee Archive