West Shropshire Flower Club’s March demonstration with Jane Pugh from Bishops Castle, entitled ‘Oh, what a find’ was quite a treat. Jane used lots of spring flowers, tulips, daffodils, narcissi, iris and contorted willow to create movement and placed the finished arrangement on an antique garden riddle, a find from a car boot sale. Jane even found a different use for a wine rack she had acquired from the local charity shop. Placing it flat, she created a beautiful, flowing design with elongated curving pieces of cotoneaster and eucalyptus to generate shape, and scattered throughout with red roses, carnations and hypericum berries. Fabulous.
The Club’s beginners’ workshop on the morning of the 1 April was very inspiring. Jane did an excellent overview of best practice and introduction for the first arrangement to be completed; everyone was keen to get started and created some stunning yet different designs. Trish introduced and gave another brilliant demonstration of the next task and everybody stepped up to the mark and created some wonderful interpretations. As it was an Easter workshop, lots of spring flowers, chicks, bunnies and lambs were included in the arrangements. Well done to everyone who attended.
The Club’s next meeting will be on Wednesday 24 May 2017 at Yockleton Village Hall with Diana Prichard from Bodenham with ‘Diamonds are Forever’ at 7.30 pm. Plant stall, raffle and refreshments will be available.
Search the site
- Community Library at Pontesbury: March 2018
- Great Music coming to Habberley
- Pontesbury Annual Parish Meeting
- Pontesbury Parish Council Report: February 2018
- Pontesbury Compassionate Communities (COCO) – Befriending Service
- (no title)
- Summer Fête with Classic Cars
- Pontesbury Sports Association “200 Club”: February 2018
- Singing Group: Thursdays @ Pontesbury Baptist
- Lambing course 24 March, 10:00 – 4:00 Brynmawr Farm SY7 8QU
- Pontesbury WI: March 2018
Council Minutes Archive
Planning Committee Archive