A very well-attended April meeting was treated to Mary Johns’ recollections of her life on a Greek island. Her stunning summer home became a temporary refuge for five abandoned puppies dumped on her driveway. With a great deal of humour and comical sketches she recounted how she found permanent homes, with English friends, for the pups during one summer.
In May, Jeremy Derrick will talk about homeopathic testing and treatments of allergies.
The John Parkinson Art class was hugely enjoyed by those members who attended, they achieved wonderful results using painting techniques learnt there.
A party of our members will join Bucknall WI in early May for a Spring Ramble. A walk up to four miles long or a more challenging eight miles for the more energetic!
One of our members has a special “0” birthday in May and we will be celebrating with her for afternoon tea at Origins, Shrewsbury College.
Many of our members are looking forward to a lovely day out in June to Highgrove House in Gloucestershire.
We meet on the second Monday of the month at 2pm in Pontesbury public hall. New members and guests are always welcome.
If you would like to come along to find out about us, our upcoming speakers and activities, please ring Marion Elliott on 01743 792256
Search the site
- Line Dancing, Desert Crossings and Lotteries
- Spring into the Garden, May 2017
- Letter box reminder
- A Note to Event Organisers
- Pontesbury Parish Council: May 2017
- Keyholder for School
- Pontesbury and District Forum Programme Summer 2017
- Stiperstones National Nature Reserve Woodland Appeal
- Line Dancing
- Tai Chi
- Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin Age UK
- Pontesbury WI: April meeting
- Flower Club: May ’17
- Stiperstones and Cornden Hill Country
- Habberley Village Hall Event ‘Gone Cuckoo’
- Notes from the Stiperstones: May 2017
- News from the Library: May 2017
- Bishop’s Castle Round & About Walks
- Planning Committee meeting
Council Minutes Archive
Planning Committee Archive