A very well-attended April meeting was treated to Mary Johns’ recollections of her life on a Greek island. Her stunning summer home became a temporary refuge for five abandoned puppies dumped on her driveway. With a great deal of humour and comical sketches she recounted how she found permanent homes, with English friends, for the pups during one summer.
In May, Jeremy Derrick will talk about homeopathic testing and treatments of allergies.
The John Parkinson Art class was hugely enjoyed by those members who attended, they achieved wonderful results using painting techniques learnt there.
A party of our members will join Bucknall WI in early May for a Spring Ramble. A walk up to four miles long or a more challenging eight miles for the more energetic!
One of our members has a special “0” birthday in May and we will be celebrating with her for afternoon tea at Origins, Shrewsbury College.
Many of our members are looking forward to a lovely day out in June to Highgrove House in Gloucestershire.
We meet on the second Monday of the month at 2pm in Pontesbury public hall. New members and guests are always welcome.
If you would like to come along to find out about us, our upcoming speakers and activities, please ring Marion Elliott on 01743 792256
Search the site
- Stiperstones and Cornden Hill Country: December 2017 Newsletter
- Pontesbury Players Panto!
- 1st Rea Valley Beavers, Cubs and Scouts
- Community Library at Pontesbury
- Pontesbury Parish Council Report
- Pontesbury WI 100th Birthday
- U3A report
- Did you lose a camera?
- News from the Library: January 2018
- Pontesbury Sports Association “200 Club”: December
- West Shropshire Flower Club: Christmas Demonstration
- Pontesbury & District Forum: Programme for Spring 2018
- Lea Cross WI: 2018 Programme
- Probus Club 2018 dates
- Help with Lights at Panto
- Winter Wander
- Foodbank Collection Pontesbury Congregational Church
- Set up a Neighbourhood Watch group?
- Festive Friends 2017
Council Minutes Archive
Planning Committee Archive