A very well-attended April meeting was treated to Mary Johns’ recollections of her life on a Greek island. Her stunning summer home became a temporary refuge for five abandoned puppies dumped on her driveway. With a great deal of humour and comical sketches she recounted how she found permanent homes, with English friends, for the pups during one summer.
In May, Jeremy Derrick will talk about homeopathic testing and treatments of allergies.
The John Parkinson Art class was hugely enjoyed by those members who attended, they achieved wonderful results using painting techniques learnt there.
A party of our members will join Bucknall WI in early May for a Spring Ramble. A walk up to four miles long or a more challenging eight miles for the more energetic!
One of our members has a special “0” birthday in May and we will be celebrating with her for afternoon tea at Origins, Shrewsbury College.
Many of our members are looking forward to a lovely day out in June to Highgrove House in Gloucestershire.
We meet on the second Monday of the month at 2pm in Pontesbury public hall. New members and guests are always welcome.
If you would like to come along to find out about us, our upcoming speakers and activities, please ring Marion Elliott on 01743 792256
Search the site
- No Newsletter in August
- Heartland – exploring the spirit of place
- To all residents of Pontesbury and surrounding area
- Pontesbury Parish Council: July 2017
- Volunteer needed for Newsletter
- University of the Third Age: Pontesbury and Rea Valley District
- Line Dancing
- Pontesbury Gardeners Annual Show: 2017
- Apple Day: Saturday 23 September
- Junior Pontesbury Players: New Members
- Christian Aid 2017
- Party in the Park 2017
- Pontesbury Sports Association “200 Club”: July 2017
- Pontesbury WI: June meeting
- Flower Club: July 2017
- Notes from the Stiperstones: July 2017
Council Minutes Archive
Planning Committee Archive