Saturday 24 June, The Bog, Pennerley
10am – 4pm, free event
A typical meadow can be home to over 150 species of wild plants and flowers. These attract and support other wildlife, including the vital pollinator insects, which are in decline. To celebrate local wildflower meadows and their wealth of wildlife, we hope you can join us at our Hay Meadow Festival on Saturday 24 June. We have a packed programme of activities planned. These include guided meadow walks, family bug hunts and the launch of the new Stiperstones Butterfly Trail.
Try your hand at scything, or show off your scything skills in the competition arena, along with hay bale lobbing and hayrick building. Alternatively, head for the arts ’n crafts tent where you’ll find lots of hay to play and create with! Experts will be on hand with some top tips for making your garden more wildlife friendly. If you have a few acres or more, members of the Marches Meadow Group will be able to advise you on how to restore and better manage your fields for wildflowers.
Locally, our flower-rich grasslands and roadside verges are some of the most important habitats. The Festival is organised by the Stiperstones & Corndon Hill Country Landscape Partnership Scheme to raise awareness of their importance and to showcase what’s happening locally to conserve these valuable sites.
Everyone is welcome. The Festival is free and in the field opposite the Bog Visitor Centre – you can’t miss it! Car parking at the Bog Mine car park (SY5 0NG). Refreshments available at the Bog Visitor Centre as well as at the Festival.
For more information see our Facebook page @stiperstonesandcorndon or website
www.stiperstonesandcorndon.co.uk or contact us on 01938 561741, email email@example.com.
Stephanie Hayes, Shropshire Hills AONB
Search the site
- No Newsletter in August
- Heartland – exploring the spirit of place
- To all residents of Pontesbury and surrounding area
- Pontesbury Parish Council: July 2017
- Volunteer needed for Newsletter
- University of the Third Age: Pontesbury and Rea Valley District
- Line Dancing
- Pontesbury Gardeners Annual Show: 2017
- Apple Day: Saturday 23 September
- Junior Pontesbury Players: New Members
- Christian Aid 2017
- Party in the Park 2017
- Pontesbury Sports Association “200 Club”: July 2017
- Pontesbury WI: June meeting
- Flower Club: July 2017
- Notes from the Stiperstones: July 2017
- News from the Library: July 2017
Council Minutes Archive
Planning Committee Archive