The Show will be held on Saturday 26 August in Pontesbury Public Hall, opening to the public at 2.30 in the afternoon, but will be open on Friday evening and Saturday morning for competitors to stage their entries. There are categories for cookery, handicrafts, painting and photography as well as those for the normal range of fruit and vegetables, plus children’s sections which incorporate gardening, photography and cookery.
Schedules and entry forms for this year’s Show are now available. They can be collected at the Trading Post on any Saturday morning, and some are available at shops in the village. Copies of the Schedule in Word and the entry form in Excel can be e-mailed by contacting email@example.com.
As it is the Association’s 75th ‘birthday’ this year. We are inviting anyone who shares their 75th birthday this year to let us know; all names will be entered into a draw and the winner will be presented with a bottle of champagne at the Show.
There will be a plant stall and refreshments, and the afternoon concludes with presentation of prizes at 4 pm, followed by a raffle and an auction of some of the exhibits.
The Trading Post is situated in the Old Station Buildings on Station Road and is open every Saturday from 9.30 to 12 noon.
The subjects for this year’s Photographic Section of the Gardeners’ Annual Show are:
• Trees • A Bridge • Silhouette • A Local Landscape
In the younger age groups the subjects are: 5 years to 8 years The Colour Red: 9 years to 13 years A Butterfly
The photograph should have a maximum size of 7×5 inches/18×13 cm, and be unframed.
Search the site
- Strictly Habberley! Learn to dance
- Apple day
- Pontesbury Apple Day: Saturday 23 September 11 a.m. – 3 ish
- Co-op Local Community Fund
- Thank you from the Scouts
- A host of super events as Library’s future becomes clearer
- Recent improvements at Severn Hospice
- Pontesbury Yoga Class
- Timetable for University of the Third Age, Pontesbury and Rea Valley District
- Time to carve out a new interest?
- News from the Hill to owners of domestic wood burners
- Poles Coppice Volunteer Group
- Remembering Clive Griffiths
- Thanks from Fred
- Pontesbury & District Forum: Programme for Autumn 2017
- Pontesbury WI: recent and future events
- West Shropshire Flower Club/Summer 2017
- Food Bank Plus
- Notes from the Stiperstones: September 2017
Council Minutes Archive
Planning Committee Archive