The Show will be held on Saturday 26 August in Pontesbury Public Hall, opening to the public at 2.30 in the afternoon, but will be open on Friday evening and Saturday morning for competitors to stage their entries. There are categories for cookery, handicrafts, painting and photography as well as those for the normal range of fruit and vegetables, plus children’s sections which incorporate gardening, photography and cookery.
Schedules and entry forms for this year’s Show are now available. They can be collected at the Trading Post on any Saturday morning, and some are available at shops in the village. Copies of the Schedule in Word and the entry form in Excel can be e-mailed by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
As it is the Association’s 75th ‘birthday’ this year. We are inviting anyone who shares their 75th birthday this year to let us know; all names will be entered into a draw and the winner will be presented with a bottle of champagne at the Show.
There will be a plant stall and refreshments, and the afternoon concludes with presentation of prizes at 4 pm, followed by a raffle and an auction of some of the exhibits.
The Trading Post is situated in the Old Station Buildings on Station Road and is open every Saturday from 9.30 to 12 noon.
The subjects for this year’s Photographic Section of the Gardeners’ Annual Show are:
• Trees • A Bridge • Silhouette • A Local Landscape
In the younger age groups the subjects are: 5 years to 8 years The Colour Red: 9 years to 13 years A Butterfly
The photograph should have a maximum size of 7×5 inches/18×13 cm, and be unframed.
Search the site
- Forget Me Not: Comedy Whodunnit
- Community Library at Pontesbury: Off to a great start
- ‘Christmas comes to Pontesbury’
- Landscape Partnership Work Party Dates
- Kindling for Sale
- Pontesbury Parish Council meeting: Ocober 2017
- UK Last Posting Dates for Christmas
- Festive Friends 2017
- U3A News
- Save the Albatross: Christmas Stamp Appeal
- Friends of Pontesford and Earl’s Hill
- Pontesbury WI: October Meeting
- Wildlife on your Doorstep
- Flower Club: September report
- Pontesbury Sports Association “200 Club”: October 2017 draw
- Another Line Dancing update
- Local Groups 2018 Event Dates
- Panto Reading in November
- Notes from the Stiperstones: November 2017
- News from the Library: November 2017
- Library Events
- Back to the Garden
Council Minutes Archive
Planning Committee Archive