The Show will be held on Saturday 26 August in Pontesbury Public Hall, opening to the public at 2.30 in the afternoon, but will be open on Friday evening and Saturday morning for competitors to stage their entries. There are categories for cookery, handicrafts, painting and photography as well as those for the normal range of fruit and vegetables, plus children’s sections which incorporate gardening, photography and cookery.
Schedules and entry forms for this year’s Show are now available. They can be collected at the Trading Post on any Saturday morning, and some are available at shops in the village. Copies of the Schedule in Word and the entry form in Excel can be e-mailed by contacting email@example.com.
As it is the Association’s 75th ‘birthday’ this year. We are inviting anyone who shares their 75th birthday this year to let us know; all names will be entered into a draw and the winner will be presented with a bottle of champagne at the Show.
There will be a plant stall and refreshments, and the afternoon concludes with presentation of prizes at 4 pm, followed by a raffle and an auction of some of the exhibits.
The Trading Post is situated in the Old Station Buildings on Station Road and is open every Saturday from 9.30 to 12 noon.
The subjects for this year’s Photographic Section of the Gardeners’ Annual Show are:
• Trees • A Bridge • Silhouette • A Local Landscape
In the younger age groups the subjects are: 5 years to 8 years The Colour Red: 9 years to 13 years A Butterfly
The photograph should have a maximum size of 7×5 inches/18×13 cm, and be unframed.
Search the site
- No Newsletter in August
- Heartland – exploring the spirit of place
- To all residents of Pontesbury and surrounding area
- Pontesbury Parish Council: July 2017
- Volunteer needed for Newsletter
- University of the Third Age: Pontesbury and Rea Valley District
- Line Dancing
- Pontesbury Gardeners Annual Show: 2017
- Apple Day: Saturday 23 September
- Junior Pontesbury Players: New Members
- Christian Aid 2017
- Party in the Park 2017
- Pontesbury Sports Association “200 Club”: July 2017
- Pontesbury WI: June meeting
- Flower Club: July 2017
- Notes from the Stiperstones: July 2017
Council Minutes Archive
Planning Committee Archive