The July meeting was a real treat with Sarah Bright demonstrating the Charleston dance. Our members made a good attempt at joining in and following the steps. We all enjoyed the afternoon either watching or dancing. It really was great fun.
Our day out to Highgrove was a huge success, much enjoyed by all who went. A big thank-you to Carol who made the arrangements and ensured all went smoothly on the day. Members who went to the ‘Proms in the Garden’ event with Shrewsbury Light Orchestra thoroughly enjoyed the evening with a picnic and joining in with rousing singing. Members had a lovely afternoon at the Shropshire Lavender fields in July, learning about the different species of lavender and its many uses. Tea, of course, included delicious cakes and lavender scones.
Arrangements are well in hand for our Autumn trips – the Worcester China Museum in October,and a November visit to the Birmingham Back to Back houses followed by a look around the Jewellery Quarter.
Pontesbury WI meet on the second Monday of the month at Pontesbury Public Hall at 2pm. Lindsey Bucknor OBE, the artist and photographer, will be our speaker in September on the theme ‘Stepping into Africa’. Guests are always warmly welcomed to our meetings. If you would like to come along, please ring Sue Brookes for more information on 01743 790610.
Search the site
- Community Library at Pontesbury: March 2018
- Great Music coming to Habberley
- Pontesbury Annual Parish Meeting
- Pontesbury Parish Council Report: February 2018
- Pontesbury Compassionate Communities (COCO) – Befriending Service
- (no title)
- Summer Fête with Classic Cars
- Pontesbury Sports Association “200 Club”: February 2018
- Singing Group: Thursdays @ Pontesbury Baptist
- Lambing course 24 March, 10:00 – 4:00 Brynmawr Farm SY7 8QU
- Pontesbury WI: March 2018
Council Minutes Archive
Planning Committee Archive