Patients and their families are now benefiting from a recent £660,000 upgrade at Severn Hospice.
The hospice, which cares for people and their families living with an incurable illness across Shropshire and Mid Wales, spent almost three months undertaking a complete refurbishment of the Perry Ward, the original ward at its Bicton site in Shrewsbury.
This means that all patients now have their own room, with en suite facilities. Other improvements have been made to the accommodation for visiting families, improvements to treatment rooms and the addition of a conservatory. All patient rooms now overlook the awardwinning gardens.
The refurbishment also includes the hospice’s first dementia-friendly rooms, which have technology to ensure security for patients with the condition and keep them safe.
John Carberry, Severn Hospice
Search the site
- Stiperstones and Cornden Hill Country: December 2017 Newsletter
- Pontesbury Players Panto!
- 1st Rea Valley Beavers, Cubs and Scouts
- Community Library at Pontesbury
- Pontesbury Parish Council Report
- Pontesbury WI 100th Birthday
- U3A report
- Did you lose a camera?
- News from the Library: January 2018
- Pontesbury Sports Association “200 Club”: December
- West Shropshire Flower Club: Christmas Demonstration
- Pontesbury & District Forum: Programme for Spring 2018
- Lea Cross WI: 2018 Programme
- Probus Club 2018 dates
- Help with Lights at Panto
- Winter Wander
- Foodbank Collection Pontesbury Congregational Church
- Set up a Neighbourhood Watch group?
- Festive Friends 2017
Council Minutes Archive
Planning Committee Archive