Patients and their families are now benefiting from a recent £660,000 upgrade at Severn Hospice.
The hospice, which cares for people and their families living with an incurable illness across Shropshire and Mid Wales, spent almost three months undertaking a complete refurbishment of the Perry Ward, the original ward at its Bicton site in Shrewsbury.
This means that all patients now have their own room, with en suite facilities. Other improvements have been made to the accommodation for visiting families, improvements to treatment rooms and the addition of a conservatory. All patient rooms now overlook the awardwinning gardens.
The refurbishment also includes the hospice’s first dementia-friendly rooms, which have technology to ensure security for patients with the condition and keep them safe.
John Carberry, Severn Hospice
Search the site
- Community Library at Pontesbury: March 2018
- Great Music coming to Habberley
- Pontesbury Annual Parish Meeting
- Pontesbury Parish Council Report: February 2018
- Pontesbury Compassionate Communities (COCO) – Befriending Service
- (no title)
- Summer Fête with Classic Cars
- Pontesbury Sports Association “200 Club”: February 2018
- Singing Group: Thursdays @ Pontesbury Baptist
- Lambing course 24 March, 10:00 – 4:00 Brynmawr Farm SY7 8QU
- Pontesbury WI: March 2018
Council Minutes Archive
Planning Committee Archive