Patients and their families are now benefiting from a recent £660,000 upgrade at Severn Hospice.
The hospice, which cares for people and their families living with an incurable illness across Shropshire and Mid Wales, spent almost three months undertaking a complete refurbishment of the Perry Ward, the original ward at its Bicton site in Shrewsbury.
This means that all patients now have their own room, with en suite facilities. Other improvements have been made to the accommodation for visiting families, improvements to treatment rooms and the addition of a conservatory. All patient rooms now overlook the awardwinning gardens.
The refurbishment also includes the hospice’s first dementia-friendly rooms, which have technology to ensure security for patients with the condition and keep them safe.
John Carberry, Severn Hospice
Search the site
- Forget Me Not: Comedy Whodunnit
- Community Library at Pontesbury: Off to a great start
- ‘Christmas comes to Pontesbury’
- Landscape Partnership Work Party Dates
- Kindling for Sale
- Pontesbury Parish Council meeting: Ocober 2017
- UK Last Posting Dates for Christmas
- Festive Friends 2017
- U3A News
- Save the Albatross: Christmas Stamp Appeal
- Friends of Pontesford and Earl’s Hill
- Pontesbury WI: October Meeting
- Wildlife on your Doorstep
- Flower Club: September report
- Pontesbury Sports Association “200 Club”: October 2017 draw
- Another Line Dancing update
- Local Groups 2018 Event Dates
- Panto Reading in November
- Notes from the Stiperstones: November 2017
- News from the Library: November 2017
- Library Events
- Back to the Garden
Council Minutes Archive
Planning Committee Archive