Timetable of Group Activities and Interests
Day Morning Afternoon
Monday Family History Art History
• Walking <3miles Table Tennis
Tuesday Local History
• Painting and Drawing
• Birdwatching/Natural History
Wednesday English Literature
• Gardening and Garden Visits
• Walking >3 miles
Theatre Trips are arranged as appropriate.
Just to remind you: you pay a small annual fee to join the U3A. (Persons joining after 1 September this year will pay just £7.50.)
No other payments are made for any of the group activities and interests, no matter how many you join.
Are you eligible to join the U3A?
One question: have you ceased full time employment? If the answer is “YES”, you are eligible to join. Pontesbury and Rea Valley District U3A was formed in March this year and its membership is currently just over 100. You are thus assured of good company and a welcome when you join.
The prime motive of the U3A is the enjoyment and well-being of its members. This is achieved through main Principles, as follows:
• The Third Age Principle. The promotion of lifelong learning
• The Self-help Learning Principle. Learning for its own sake.
• There is no distinction between learners and teachers. No qualifications are sought or given.
The Committee of the Pontesbury and Rea Valley District U3A have a further principle which they wish to stress, as follows: “No pressures should be put upon any members regarding the extent to which they participate in any of the learning or other activities of this branch”.
Want to Know More?
A Newsletter is issued every two months giving information on the activities of the Pontesbury and Rea Valley District U3A. This is available online from firstname.lastname@example.org and a hard copy is available on the U3A notice board in Pontesbury Library. General Meetings are held every two months. A guest speaker or an event is arranged for each meeting in addition to a brief business report.
Committee members can be contacted as follows for other questions:
Group Coordinators: Merle/790028; Jane/792500
Membership Secretary: Hugh/790430
Publicity, other information: John/790403
This is your local U3A. It will be what you make it.
Search the site
- Forget Me Not: Comedy Whodunnit
- Community Library at Pontesbury: Off to a great start
- ‘Christmas comes to Pontesbury’
- Landscape Partnership Work Party Dates
- Kindling for Sale
- Pontesbury Parish Council meeting: Ocober 2017
- UK Last Posting Dates for Christmas
- Festive Friends 2017
- U3A News
- Save the Albatross: Christmas Stamp Appeal
- Friends of Pontesford and Earl’s Hill
- Pontesbury WI: October Meeting
- Wildlife on your Doorstep
- Flower Club: September report
- Pontesbury Sports Association “200 Club”: October 2017 draw
- Another Line Dancing update
- Local Groups 2018 Event Dates
- Panto Reading in November
- Notes from the Stiperstones: November 2017
- News from the Library: November 2017
- Library Events
- Back to the Garden
Council Minutes Archive
Planning Committee Archive