West Shropshire Flower Club’s visit this year was to Stokesay Court and The Flower Garden at Stokesay Court. After an excellent and informative guided tour around the house we all enjoyed traditional afternoon tea; before a pleasant walk across the lawn in sight of the iconic fountain from the movie Atonement.
We received a warm welcome at the Flower Garden and had a lovely informal wander around the beautiful, old, walled kitchen garden admiring all the glorious garden flowers, especially the scent of David Austin’s ‘Queen of Sweden’ rose all set in tranquil South Shropshire countryside The flowers are cut and sold as British flowers to London and locally, many appearing as the choice of brides throughout the country.
The Club’s next meeting will be on Wednesday 27 September with demonstrator Sandra Snell and ‘Seasonal Delights’ at Yockleton Village Hall, SY5 9PS at 7.30 pm. Raffle, refreshments and plant stall will be available.
Search the site
- Stiperstones and Corndon Hill Country: September Newsletter
- Strictly Habberley! Learn to dance
- Apple day
- Pontesbury Apple Day: Saturday 23 September 11 a.m. – 3 ish
- Co-op Local Community Fund
- Thank you from the Scouts
- A host of super events as Library’s future becomes clearer
- Recent improvements at Severn Hospice
- Pontesbury Yoga Class
- Timetable for University of the Third Age, Pontesbury and Rea Valley District
- Time to carve out a new interest?
- News from the Hill to owners of domestic wood burners
- Poles Coppice Volunteer Group
- Remembering Clive Griffiths
- Thanks from Fred
- Pontesbury & District Forum: Programme for Autumn 2017
- Pontesbury WI: recent and future events
- West Shropshire Flower Club/Summer 2017
- Food Bank Plus
Council Minutes Archive
Planning Committee Archive