Shropshire Council has now published its draft strategy for the County’s Library Services for the years 2018 – 2023. It is out for consultation and the deadline for responses is Friday, 6 October.
Shropshire Council will take our comments as a basis for how to run the library Services for the next 5 years. It is proposed that the Community Library in Pontesbury is in Tier 2, giving us more council support e.g. a staffed librarian. We need to show that the Library is of value to our community by engaging with the survey, otherwise in the face of limited budgets, Pontesbury might be downgraded to Tier 3.
How to comment
To comment you need to copy the following link into your browser where you’ll see a rather pretty page entitled GET INVOLVED. Scroll down the page until you see 2 options PROPOSAL and HOW TO GET INVOLVED. The strategy document itself is a PDF file and can be read if you click on PROPOSAL. You can comment by clicking on HOW TO GET INVOLVED and following GO TO SURVEY.
There are just eight questions about using the Library, then the usual info is required about age/gender/ethnicity etc. All answers are totally anonymous. Guidance notes and hard copy of the Strategy are available in the library.
Search the site
- Help with Lights at Panto
- Winter Wander
- Foodbank Collection Pontesbury Congregational Church
- Set up a Neighbourhood Watch group?
- Festive Friends 2017
- Parish Council meeting report: November 2017
- Village Quire – ‘Back to the Garden’
- U3A update
- UK Last Posting Dates for Christmas
- FoPL News: Date For Your Diary
- Good Luck to our ‘Atlantic Ladies’
- Baptist Church, Chapel Street
- Pontesbury WI: December 2017
- Taizé Style Worship at St George’s Church
- Stiperstones & Corndon Hill Country Landscape Partnership Scheme Final Evaluation
- West Shropshire Flower Club: December 2017
- Pontesbury Sports Association “200 Club”: November 2017 draw
- Notes from the Stiperstones: December 2017
- News from the Library: December ’17
Council Minutes Archive
Planning Committee Archive