Shropshire Council has now published its draft strategy for the County’s Library Services for the years 2018 – 2023. It is out for consultation and the deadline for responses is Friday, 6 October.
Shropshire Council will take our comments as a basis for how to run the library Services for the next 5 years. It is proposed that the Community Library in Pontesbury is in Tier 2, giving us more council support e.g. a staffed librarian. We need to show that the Library is of value to our community by engaging with the survey, otherwise in the face of limited budgets, Pontesbury might be downgraded to Tier 3.
How to comment
To comment you need to copy the following link into your browser where you’ll see a rather pretty page entitled GET INVOLVED. Scroll down the page until you see 2 options PROPOSAL and HOW TO GET INVOLVED. The strategy document itself is a PDF file and can be read if you click on PROPOSAL. You can comment by clicking on HOW TO GET INVOLVED and following GO TO SURVEY.
There are just eight questions about using the Library, then the usual info is required about age/gender/ethnicity etc. All answers are totally anonymous. Guidance notes and hard copy of the Strategy are available in the library.
Search the site
- Library Events
- Back to the Garden
- Panto Reading
- Pontesbury Players November Show
- Short Mat Bowling
- Stiperstones & Corndon Hill Country Newsletter
- Celebration Event
- New non-urgent, email contact details for local police
- Pontesbury Gardeners’ Association
- Pontesbury Parish Council report: September 2017
- Broadplace’s New Projector
- Communal Garden
- University of the Third Age: Pontesbury and Rea Valley District
- Age UK Parish Links
- Pontesbury Sports Association “200 Club”: September 2017
- Line Dancing update
- Flower Club AGM
- Ray Jones Memorial Golf Day
- Pontesbury WI: September meeting report
- Draft Library Strategy deadline for comments
- News from the Library: October 2017
- Notes from the Stiperstones: October 2017
Council Minutes Archive
Planning Committee Archive