At the General Meeting on Thursday, 7 September, FoPL members agreed unanimously to apply for charitable status. Thank you to all who attended.
Having concluded the business, we were treated to a lively and engaging talk from Keith Pybus. Keith is an historian and raconteur with a passion for WWI who has undertaken detailed research to bring personal stories from the Home Front in Shropshire to life. It
brought the reality of WWI home to the audience. Keith generously waived his fee in support of library funds. Some of Keith’s books and his ‘War Walks’ leaflets are
available in the library.
On 28 October, The Village Quire are back by popular demand after their performance of Precious Bane. They will be performing Back to the Garden in the Congregational Church. It is a new musical story of life and hope in the trenches of war-torn France during the
Great War, from the letters of Corporal William Bevan, soldier and gardener. The group has a reputation for spine-tingling harmony singing with all the emotional clout, subtlety of expression and love of life that you get when voices are raised together in song. Tickets are £10, to include excellent refreshments, and are available from the Library. Don’t miss
this unique event.
September Library Lottery winners are Mrs I.R. Roberts, Maureen Charles, Pat Frost. To join the lottery – or buy more numbers if you’re already a member – simply fill in the form at the Library or download from the website pontesburylibrary.co.uk
Hiring space The Library is now available for hire out of opening hours at little cost. A leaflet and bookings form is at the Library. Wi-fi is always switched on should internet access be required.
And finally, we don’t want to mention the ‘C’ word (Christmas!) but the Santa Fun Run may be coming to the village again this year – watch this space for further information!
Search the site
- Library Events
- Back to the Garden
- Panto Reading
- Pontesbury Players November Show
- Short Mat Bowling
- Stiperstones & Corndon Hill Country Newsletter
- Celebration Event
- New non-urgent, email contact details for local police
- Pontesbury Gardeners’ Association
- Pontesbury Parish Council report: September 2017
- Broadplace’s New Projector
- Communal Garden
- University of the Third Age: Pontesbury and Rea Valley District
- Age UK Parish Links
- Pontesbury Sports Association “200 Club”: September 2017
- Line Dancing update
- Flower Club AGM
- Ray Jones Memorial Golf Day
- Pontesbury WI: September meeting report
- Draft Library Strategy deadline for comments
- News from the Library: October 2017
- Notes from the Stiperstones: October 2017
Council Minutes Archive
Planning Committee Archive