At the General Meeting on Thursday, 7 September, FoPL members agreed unanimously to apply for charitable status. Thank you to all who attended.
Having concluded the business, we were treated to a lively and engaging talk from Keith Pybus. Keith is an historian and raconteur with a passion for WWI who has undertaken detailed research to bring personal stories from the Home Front in Shropshire to life. It
brought the reality of WWI home to the audience. Keith generously waived his fee in support of library funds. Some of Keith’s books and his ‘War Walks’ leaflets are
available in the library.
On 28 October, The Village Quire are back by popular demand after their performance of Precious Bane. They will be performing Back to the Garden in the Congregational Church. It is a new musical story of life and hope in the trenches of war-torn France during the
Great War, from the letters of Corporal William Bevan, soldier and gardener. The group has a reputation for spine-tingling harmony singing with all the emotional clout, subtlety of expression and love of life that you get when voices are raised together in song. Tickets are £10, to include excellent refreshments, and are available from the Library. Don’t miss
this unique event.
September Library Lottery winners are Mrs I.R. Roberts, Maureen Charles, Pat Frost. To join the lottery – or buy more numbers if you’re already a member – simply fill in the form at the Library or download from the website pontesburylibrary.co.uk
Hiring space The Library is now available for hire out of opening hours at little cost. A leaflet and bookings form is at the Library. Wi-fi is always switched on should internet access be required.
And finally, we don’t want to mention the ‘C’ word (Christmas!) but the Santa Fun Run may be coming to the village again this year – watch this space for further information!
Search the site
- Help with Lights at Panto
- Winter Wander
- Foodbank Collection Pontesbury Congregational Church
- Set up a Neighbourhood Watch group?
- Festive Friends 2017
- Parish Council meeting report: November 2017
- Village Quire – ‘Back to the Garden’
- U3A update
- UK Last Posting Dates for Christmas
- FoPL News: Date For Your Diary
- Good Luck to our ‘Atlantic Ladies’
- Baptist Church, Chapel Street
- Pontesbury WI: December 2017
- Taizé Style Worship at St George’s Church
- Stiperstones & Corndon Hill Country Landscape Partnership Scheme Final Evaluation
- West Shropshire Flower Club: December 2017
- Pontesbury Sports Association “200 Club”: November 2017 draw
- Notes from the Stiperstones: December 2017
- News from the Library: December ’17
Council Minutes Archive
Planning Committee Archive