The Association’s annual show was held on Saturday 26 August and was a great success, with a number of new names appearing in the prizewinners’ list. Winners of the trophies were:
Whilst successful, it was disappointing that, with a higher than normal number of entries, the number of entries in the children’s categories was at an all-time low. If anyone can come up with suggestions to recruit more young entrants then please let us know.
As it is the Association’s 75th ‘birthday’ this year we invited anyone who shares their 75th birthday this year to let us know; all names were entered into a draw and the winner, Colleen Potter, was presented with a bottle of champagne.
Xmas Meal: This year’s meal will be held on the evening of 13 December, at 7.30 at The Horseshoes. The menu is on display at the Trading Post, where booking, with payment, should be made on Saturday mornings. We look forward to meeting up with everyone there again this year.
Trading Post: The Trading Post is situated in the Old Station Buildings on Station Road and is open every Saturday from 9.30 to 12 noon.
Search the site
- Library Events
- Back to the Garden
- Panto Reading
- Pontesbury Players November Show
- Short Mat Bowling
- Stiperstones & Corndon Hill Country Newsletter
- Celebration Event
- New non-urgent, email contact details for local police
- Pontesbury Gardeners’ Association
- Pontesbury Parish Council report: September 2017
- Broadplace’s New Projector
- Communal Garden
- University of the Third Age: Pontesbury and Rea Valley District
- Age UK Parish Links
- Pontesbury Sports Association “200 Club”: September 2017
- Line Dancing update
- Flower Club AGM
- Ray Jones Memorial Golf Day
- Pontesbury WI: September meeting report
- Draft Library Strategy deadline for comments
- News from the Library: October 2017
- Notes from the Stiperstones: October 2017
Council Minutes Archive
Planning Committee Archive