After the summer break our President welcomed members and guests back to the September meeting. Congratulations to those members whose ‘Rural Life’ exhibits won first and second prizes,and Best in Show, in the Craft section at the Minsterley show in August.
Glasses were raised and a toast to our WI member Kathleen Hartshorne MBE. Kathleen will be collecting her award for services to the community and Severn Hospice in October. All agreed it is well-deserved for all her hard work and commitment over the years. We look forward to hearing all about her special day in London.
September’s guest speaker, Lindsey Bucknor OBE, started his career as an artist and moved into photography. He gave us an enlightening presentation of his photographs taken while on a tour of Namibia in 2011. The vast scale and contrasts of Africa are awesome and thank you to Lindsey for sharing images of the people, fantastic wildlife and beautiful birds that co-exist together in the African landscape. Arrangements for our next trip, which will be to the Worcester China museum in October, are well in hand.
Pontesbury WI meet on the second Monday of the month at Pontesbury Public Hall at 2pm. Robert Pither will give us recollections and scenes of the exciting and colourful Venice Carnival. Guests at our group are always warmly welcomed, for more information please ring Sue Brookes on 01743 790610.
Search the site
- Community Library at Pontesbury: March 2018
- Great Music coming to Habberley
- Pontesbury Annual Parish Meeting
- Pontesbury Parish Council Report: February 2018
- Pontesbury Compassionate Communities (COCO) – Befriending Service
- (no title)
- Summer Fête with Classic Cars
- Pontesbury Sports Association “200 Club”: February 2018
- Singing Group: Thursdays @ Pontesbury Baptist
- Lambing course 24 March, 10:00 – 4:00 Brynmawr Farm SY7 8QU
- Pontesbury WI: March 2018
Council Minutes Archive
Planning Committee Archive