Our Branch awarded full U3A membership
Since its formation in March 2017 the Pontesbury and Rea Valley District Branch of the U3A has had what is in effect probationary status. We formed a Steering Committee of eight persons whose main purpose has been to guide the branch to Full Membership of the U3A.
After rigorous examination by officers representing the national office of the U3A we can now announce that The Pontesbury and Rea Valley District U3A has been awarded full U3A membership. The Steering Committee thus becomes the Executive Committee for the branch until the annual elections take place in 2018.
The national officers gave particular praise for the rapid growth in membership of the branch and the variety of subjects being pursued by the interest groups.
The first action of the Executive Committee is to thank every member for their contribution and support in achieving this Full Membership. We now need to maintain and build on the momentum we have achieved!
Timetable of Group Activities and Interests
Day Morning Afternoon
Monday Family History Art History
• Walking <3miles Table Tennis
Tuesday Birdwatching/ Local History
• Natural History Painting and Drawing
Wed’day Geology English Literature
• Gardening and Garden Visits
• Walking 2 (6+ miles)
Theatre Trips are arranged as appropriate.
Just to remind you: you pay a small annual fee to join the U3A. (Persons joining after 1 September this year will pay just £7.50.) No other payments are made for any of the group activities and interests, no matter how many you join.
Committee members can be contacted as follows for other questions:
Group Coordinators: Merle/790028; Jane/792500
Membership Secretary: Hugh/790430
Publicity, other information: John/790403
This is your local U3A. It will be what you make it.
Search the site
- Library Events
- Back to the Garden
- Panto Reading
- Pontesbury Players November Show
- Short Mat Bowling
- Stiperstones & Corndon Hill Country Newsletter
- Celebration Event
- New non-urgent, email contact details for local police
- Pontesbury Gardeners’ Association
- Pontesbury Parish Council report: September 2017
- Broadplace’s New Projector
- Communal Garden
- University of the Third Age: Pontesbury and Rea Valley District
- Age UK Parish Links
- Pontesbury Sports Association “200 Club”: September 2017
- Line Dancing update
- Flower Club AGM
- Ray Jones Memorial Golf Day
- Pontesbury WI: September meeting report
- Draft Library Strategy deadline for comments
- News from the Library: October 2017
- Notes from the Stiperstones: October 2017
Council Minutes Archive
Planning Committee Archive