We now have a very large map of the world on the library wall, ready to plot the course of the Atlantic Ladies. Around the map is a display showing details of their attempt to break three world records while rowing across the Atlantic competing in the Tailsker Challenge. We also have a collection of books based on similar adventure experiences.
We have loads of books to help you get ready for Christmas. Books to create and make decorations, cookery books, and plenty of winter warming, festive fiction. The Christmas fun starts in the library on Sunday 3 December with the annual Santa Run (or walk). Look out for the posters for full details, or pop in to the library.
Pontesbury Library will be closing over the Christmas period, our last day will be 21 December, and we will re-open on 2 January 2018. Extra books may be taken. No books will be due back during this period so please try and hang on to them until the 2 January. I will spare you my usual joke about mountaineering!
Story Time for babies and toddlers will be 4 December at 10.30.
Search the site
- Help with Lights at Panto
- Winter Wander
- Foodbank Collection Pontesbury Congregational Church
- Set up a Neighbourhood Watch group?
- Festive Friends 2017
- Parish Council meeting report: November 2017
- Village Quire – ‘Back to the Garden’
- U3A update
- UK Last Posting Dates for Christmas
- FoPL News: Date For Your Diary
- Good Luck to our ‘Atlantic Ladies’
- Baptist Church, Chapel Street
- Pontesbury WI: December 2017
- Taizé Style Worship at St George’s Church
- Stiperstones & Corndon Hill Country Landscape Partnership Scheme Final Evaluation
- West Shropshire Flower Club: December 2017
- Pontesbury Sports Association “200 Club”: November 2017 draw
- Notes from the Stiperstones: December 2017
- News from the Library: December ’17
Council Minutes Archive
Planning Committee Archive