As many of you will have noticed, on Saturday, 26 November as you went to do your shopping in the Pontesbury Co-op, you might have been tempted by the vast array of cakes, muffins and cookies which were available outside. Braving the chilly conditions were members of the 1st Rea Valley Beavers, Cubs and Scouts (and their leaders) as we put
in the final piece of our fund-raising efforts for this term.
Along with the Rea Valley Community First Responders and the Harry Johnson Trust we have been fortunate to be chosen as one of the projects supported by the Co-op’s Local Community Fund project which distributes 1% of members’ spend on Co-op own-brand goods and services into local community groups. To acknowledge this support from the Co-op, its local staff and members, to show what we are proposing to spend the money on (vital refurbishment of our equipment storage container and outdoor equipment) and, naturally, to try and raise a little more, we took the chance to practice our baking skills and feed the entire village cake as you came out to do your morning shopping. Thank you
very much to everyone who baked and who came along and bought cakes from us on the day.
Scouting in the Rea Valley is very much alive and well with provision for Beavers (6–8 yr old), Cubs (8–10) and Scouts (10–14) for both boys and girls. All three sections are represented in Pontesbury with a second Cub section in Hanwood. For more information and contact details find us online at http://1streavalleyscoutgroup.uk.
Andy May, 1st Rea Valley Scouts
Search the site
- Stiperstones and Cornden Hill Country: December 2017 Newsletter
- Pontesbury Players Panto!
- 1st Rea Valley Beavers, Cubs and Scouts
- Community Library at Pontesbury
- Pontesbury Parish Council Report
- Pontesbury WI 100th Birthday
- U3A report
- Did you lose a camera?
- News from the Library: January 2018
- Pontesbury Sports Association “200 Club”: December
- West Shropshire Flower Club: Christmas Demonstration
- Pontesbury & District Forum: Programme for Spring 2018
- Lea Cross WI: 2018 Programme
- Probus Club 2018 dates
- Help with Lights at Panto
- Winter Wander
- Foodbank Collection Pontesbury Congregational Church
- Set up a Neighbourhood Watch group?
- Festive Friends 2017
Council Minutes Archive
Planning Committee Archive