As many of you will have noticed, on Saturday, 26 November as you went to do your shopping in the Pontesbury Co-op, you might have been tempted by the vast array of cakes, muffins and cookies which were available outside. Braving the chilly conditions were members of the 1st Rea Valley Beavers, Cubs and Scouts (and their leaders) as we put
in the final piece of our fund-raising efforts for this term.
Along with the Rea Valley Community First Responders and the Harry Johnson Trust we have been fortunate to be chosen as one of the projects supported by the Co-op’s Local Community Fund project which distributes 1% of members’ spend on Co-op own-brand goods and services into local community groups. To acknowledge this support from the Co-op, its local staff and members, to show what we are proposing to spend the money on (vital refurbishment of our equipment storage container and outdoor equipment) and, naturally, to try and raise a little more, we took the chance to practice our baking skills and feed the entire village cake as you came out to do your morning shopping. Thank you
very much to everyone who baked and who came along and bought cakes from us on the day.
Scouting in the Rea Valley is very much alive and well with provision for Beavers (6–8 yr old), Cubs (8–10) and Scouts (10–14) for both boys and girls. All three sections are represented in Pontesbury with a second Cub section in Hanwood. For more information and contact details find us online at http://1streavalleyscoutgroup.uk.
Andy May, 1st Rea Valley Scouts
Search the site
- Community Library at Pontesbury Spring Plant Sale
- U3A April 2018
- Pontesbury and District Forum Programme for Summer
- Pontesbury Parish Council Report: APM March 2018
- Stiperstones & Corndon Hill Country Landscape Partnership Scheme
- Three ‘Round & About’ Walks: Saturday, 12 May
- Peace March in Shrewsbury
- Volunteers needed: Hanwood day centre
- Marches Choir and Sinfonia Concert
- West Shropshire Flower Club: March 2018
- Pontesbury WI: March 2018
- Women’s World Day of Prayer
- Manor Park
- Chairman’s Report 12 March 2018
Council Minutes Archive
Planning Committee Archive