We are looking forward to our talk by local lad Mark Evans entitled ‘Crossing the Empty Quarter’. The illustrated talk will recount his (the) first crossing of the Arabian Desert since Bertram Thomas in 1930. Mark has already presented his talk to a packed Hall at the Royal Geographical Society and a similar audience in New York, and is now setting out on a UK tour including Pontesbury! Mark has written an excellent book of the same title and will have copies available for a book signing during the evening.
The talk will take place at the Mary Webb School Hall at 7:00 on Friday, 5 May with a bar and light refreshments. We expect the event to be a sell-out so tickets will shortly be available from Pontesbury Library, Shrewsbury Library, the usual local Pontesbury outlets or from Friends of Pontesbury Library. They will cost £10 and £8 for concessions with the proceeds to be split evenly between the Friends of Pontesbury Library and the Friends of Pontesford Hill to contribute to the community work which both are doing.
Search the site
- Stiperstones and Cornden Hill Country: December 2017 Newsletter
- Pontesbury Players Panto!
- 1st Rea Valley Beavers, Cubs and Scouts
- Community Library at Pontesbury
- Pontesbury Parish Council Report
- Pontesbury WI 100th Birthday
- U3A report
- Did you lose a camera?
- News from the Library: January 2018
- Pontesbury Sports Association “200 Club”: December
- West Shropshire Flower Club: Christmas Demonstration
- Pontesbury & District Forum: Programme for Spring 2018
- Lea Cross WI: 2018 Programme
- Probus Club 2018 dates
- Help with Lights at Panto
- Winter Wander
- Foodbank Collection Pontesbury Congregational Church
- Set up a Neighbourhood Watch group?
- Festive Friends 2017
Council Minutes Archive
Planning Committee Archive