We are looking forward to our talk by local lad Mark Evans entitled ‘Crossing the Empty Quarter’. The illustrated talk will recount his (the) first crossing of the Arabian Desert since Bertram Thomas in 1930. Mark has already presented his talk to a packed Hall at the Royal Geographical Society and a similar audience in New York, and is now setting out on a UK tour including Pontesbury! Mark has written an excellent book of the same title and will have copies available for a book signing during the evening.
The talk will take place at the Mary Webb School Hall at 7:00 on Friday, 5 May with a bar and light refreshments. We expect the event to be a sell-out so tickets will shortly be available from Pontesbury Library, Shrewsbury Library, the usual local Pontesbury outlets or from Friends of Pontesbury Library. They will cost £10 and £8 for concessions with the proceeds to be split evenly between the Friends of Pontesbury Library and the Friends of Pontesford Hill to contribute to the community work which both are doing.
Search the site
- Help with Lights at Panto
- Winter Wander
- Foodbank Collection Pontesbury Congregational Church
- Set up a Neighbourhood Watch group?
- Festive Friends 2017
- Parish Council meeting report: November 2017
- Village Quire – ‘Back to the Garden’
- U3A update
- UK Last Posting Dates for Christmas
- FoPL News: Date For Your Diary
- Good Luck to our ‘Atlantic Ladies’
- Baptist Church, Chapel Street
- Pontesbury WI: December 2017
- Taizé Style Worship at St George’s Church
- Stiperstones & Corndon Hill Country Landscape Partnership Scheme Final Evaluation
- West Shropshire Flower Club: December 2017
- Pontesbury Sports Association “200 Club”: November 2017 draw
- Notes from the Stiperstones: December 2017
- News from the Library: December ’17
Council Minutes Archive
Planning Committee Archive