Registration for the spectacular Bishop’s Castle Round and About Walks has started. There are three versions of the walk you can choose from:
Ramble – a beautiful 22.5 mile circular walk;
Scramble – 13 miles from Bishop’s Castle to Clun;
Amble –a 9.5 mile undulating stroll from Clun to Bishop’s Castle.
The route crosses remote and beautiful countryside, some of which is not normally open to the public. We provide clear signage, written instructions and helpful marshals. The entrance fee for ALL walkers is £18 on line and £19 by post, which includes a hot lunch, instructions, refreshments, transport as needed, and a certificate. All proceeds go to Bloodwise (formerly Leukaemia and Lymphoma Research)
For details, and to apply electronically or request an application form, please sign up at: www.bloodwise.org.uk/round-and-about-walks.
The closing date for application is 1 May.
Search the site
- Help with Lights at Panto
- Winter Wander
- Foodbank Collection Pontesbury Congregational Church
- Set up a Neighbourhood Watch group?
- Festive Friends 2017
- Parish Council meeting report: November 2017
- Village Quire – ‘Back to the Garden’
- U3A update
- UK Last Posting Dates for Christmas
- FoPL News: Date For Your Diary
- Good Luck to our ‘Atlantic Ladies’
- Baptist Church, Chapel Street
- Pontesbury WI: December 2017
- Taizé Style Worship at St George’s Church
- Stiperstones & Corndon Hill Country Landscape Partnership Scheme Final Evaluation
- West Shropshire Flower Club: December 2017
- Pontesbury Sports Association “200 Club”: November 2017 draw
- Notes from the Stiperstones: December 2017
- News from the Library: December ’17
Council Minutes Archive
Planning Committee Archive